Ten top tips for freshwater generators
Ten top tips to keep your freshwater generator in tip top condition
- Ensure that all key operating parameters (temperatures, pressures and flow rates) comply with the recommended levels.
- Always use seawater filters/strainers of the correct mesh size.
- Avoid operating the freshwater generator in polluted/contaminated waters.
- Shut down the freshwater generator in accordance with Alfa Laval instructions.
- Do not operate the freshwater generator without the recommended anti-scale chemical.
- Log process parameters daily to monitor the condition of your freshwater generator.
- Clean the salinometer electrode on a regular basis.
- Use only sulfamic acid with a corrosion inhibitor for acid cleaning.
- Always use genuine Alfa Laval spare parts and maintain an adequate stock of key spare parts.
- Keep the unit clean. Avoid using oil or grease, which is unsuitable for human consumption. Remember, it’s your drinking water!