The all-round heat transfer solution. Exceptional compactness and self-cleaning design make Alfa Laval spiral heat exchangers extremely versatile. Ideal for everything from dirty fluids to high vacuum condensation.
Standard and custom ALSHE STW ranges
The Alfa Laval ALSHE STW is suitable for any sludge/water duty, either as a pre-designed standard, or as a custom design.
The spiral heat exchanger offers unique abilities within sludge treatment applications such as:
- Heating of sewage sludge in digesters
- Heating stages in pasteurization systems
- Preheating of sludge for enhanced dewatering
- Cooling of industrial sludge and waste waters
- Heat recovery
Features and benefits
- Fully engineered to meet the needs of every customer
- Self-cleaning effect reduces operating cost
- Low maintenance cost due to easy access
- High heat transfer efficiency, higher than in shell & tubes
- Unique ability to handle two highly fouling fluids
- Every unit is fully drainable
- Condensers have virtually no vapour side pressure drop
- Column mounting of condensers reduces installation costs
- Design experience from more than 40 years of manufacturing
Ako to funguje
Heat exchange duties that benefit from the strengths of spiral heat exchangers include:
- liquid/liquid heating, cooling or heat recovery, where one or both of the fluids may cause fouling. (See image 1)
- vapour/liquid condensing, particularly at very low pressure and/or highvolume flow. (See image 2)
- The design, shape and size of the spiral channels can be customized so that they are a perfect match for the demands associated with a wide range of process fluids, thermal duties and industrial applications. (Valid for both image 1 and image 2)
Lower installation costs
Spiral heat exchangers only require a very small area for mounting and access, resulting in lower unit installation costs compared with other heat exchangers.
Strong on customized solutions
The spiral heat exchanger is a very versatile product. Many of the duties performed by heat exchangers require one channel per fluid, and this can be a distinct benefit.