U-Turn is a liquid separator especially designed for use with plate heat exchangers in ammonia applications. The module – including the separator and plate heat exchanger ensures minimum pressure drop losses and maximum energy efficiency.
Alfa Laval U-Turn is designed to utilize the very best from Alfa Laval’s plate heat exchanger technology. Installed above, the self-contained U-Turn can be easily mounted onto the compatible plate heat exchanger. It can cover ammonia capacities from 200 to 1400 kW at 0°C evaporation temperature and from 50 to 500 kW at -40°C evaporation temperature.
The module provides an effective and compact installation with less vertical rise and smaller overall dimensions than any other solution.
Main design features
- Compact dimensions
- Shorter height and length allowing installation onsite without dismantling
- No additional support is needed, as the U-Turn separator is supported entirely by the plate heat exchanger
- Easy maintenance, as both sides of the plate heat exchanger are fully accessible.
- All ammonia connections access the same side which makes installation easy
- Integrated oil drain
- Stainless steel ensuring corrosion resistance and no need of surface treatment
Ready to install
The U-Turn module is delivered within short time, due to standardization. It is a fully functional module from one supplier and carries the CE-stamp, as well the approval from PED (Pressure Equipment Directive).
Ako to funguje
How it works