Welcome to the Heating and Cooling Hub
For nearly 90 years, Alfa Laval has been advancing the development of heat transfer technologies used in a broad spectrum of industries, processes and applications. All that experience has given us a wealth of expertise that we put to use, helping customers boost energy efficiency with more dependable and sustainable thermal performance. At our Heating & Cooling Hub, you can take advantage of that knowledge through a range of tools and resources designed to help you improve sustainability by getting the most out of your heating or cooling duty.
Consultant tools / BIM files
Based on unique knowledge from decades of experience supplying thermal solutions, Alfa Laval has been able to create a number of resources that you can utilize to facilitate your day-to-day work. Click here to discover BIM files, 3D drawings and other resources to facilitate your day-to-day work.
Valuable information to save you time
Heating and cooling knowledge
Take advantage of Alfa Laval’s decades of experience in a wide range of thermal duties.
Browse our comprehensive portfolio of leading plate heat exchanger technologies.
Read the latest from the world of Alfa Laval heat exchanger development and innovation.
The easy way to reduce your energy costs and increase energy efficiency
A refund is just the start of your savings potential with the new exchange programme. Alfa Laval’s innovative heat exchanger technology will significantly increase the energy efficiency of your processes. That means drastically lower power consumption and carbon emissions, along with a significant reduction in your long-term operating costs.
Webináre a panelové diskusie z oblasti ohrevu a chladenia
Odvetvia vykurovania a chladenia zažívajú rýchlu transformáciu s dôrazom na zvyšovanie energetickej účinnosti a trvalú udržateľnosť procesov. Alfa Laval drží krok s najnovšími trendami a výzvami. Na webinároch xChanging ideas, sa o trendoch formujúcich toto odvetvie dozviete viac, a navyše, sa môžete zapojiť do diskusie s našimi svetovými odborníkmi. Zúčastnite sa naživo, alebo sledujte záznam dostupný na vyžiadanie.
Online heat exchanger training
Sign up for a self-driven course to learn more about the different types of plate heat exchanger technology available today. To make sure you get the most out of Alfa Laval’s expertise, all courses are free of charge. Start them whenever you like and go at your own pace.
White paper: Navigating a changing refrigerants market
A massive change is currently underway in the refrigerants market. Driven by environmental concerns, legislation is pushing a gradual phase out of traditional refrigerants in favour of new alternatives with lower global warming potential (GWP). Download this white paper for a fundamental primer on selecting and accommodating alternative refrigerants for diverse heating and cooling applications.
Accelerate sustainable solutions
Imagine a more sustainable world. A world where it takes less to produce even more. A world where we efficiently meet our growing energy demands and simultaneously reduce CO2 emissions. Image a world where we can harness the power of natural resources, while preserving them at the same time. At Alfa Laval, we don’t just imagine this world. We’re building it - together with our customers and our partners.
AHRI-performance-certified heat exchangers for confident thermal performance
Certification from the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) is the only global third-party verification of thermal performance, giving you independent assurance that your plate heat exchanger will perform in accordance with the manufacturer’s published ratings. Alfa Laval offers AHRI-certified gasketed plate heat exchangers, brazed plate heat exchangers and fusion-bonded plate heat exchangers.
For decades, Alfa Laval has been developing plate heat exchanger technology tailored to our customers’ applications. Today we offer the market’s most comprehensive portfolio of plate heat exchangers to cover the widest range of needs. With the experience we have gained along the way, we can match you with your optimal solution.
Brazed plate heat exchangers
- Lightweight copper-brazed construction with compact footprint
- Greater thermal efficiency than comparable shell-and-tubes
- Flexible options to fit a variety of applications with all different types of media/fluids
- Ideal for natural and low-GWP refrigerants
Fusion bonded AlfaNova heat exchangers
- True 100% stainless steel construction
- Strong corrosion resistance with aggressive media
- Prevents metal contamination in drinking water and other hygienic applications
- High thermal efficiency and compact footprint
Gas-to-liquid plate heat exchangers
- Supports gas temperatures up to 750°C, with possible temperatures above 1400°C in some applications
- Very low pressure drop in asymmetric applications thanks to patented “dimple” plate design
- Lightweight construction up to 75% smaller than comparable shell-and-tubes
- The only plate heat exchanger type optimized to work with gas media
Gasketed plate-and-frame heat exchangers
- Flexible solutions that can be adapted to the duty ensuring highest thermal efficiency
- Compact designs save space and are easy to service and maintain
- Solutions to reduce fouling, stress and corrosion for maximum uptime
Semi-welded plate heat exchangers
- Highly efficient, reliable technology for applications that can cause pressure or temperature fatigue
- Guaranteed long sealing lifetime thanks to unique Alfa Laval RefTight™ sealing system
- A dependable solution for preventing cross-contamination between media
Alfa Laval makes it easy to find the best solution for your application. Take a look at our quick selection tool to browse products and find Alfa Laval partners so you can request a quotation.